Deception Bay Athletics Club was established in 1996 to provide the opportunity for Athletes to continue training and competing when they had finished at Deception Bay Little Athletics Centre. Since then, the Club has grown to include Athletes form all parts of the region and Little Athletes who wish to train and compete more frequently.
Zammit Oval includes a 7 lane grass track, throws cages, jumps areas, storage and a toilet/ shower block. The facility is owned by the Caboolture Shire Council for use by Deception Bay Little Athletics Centre and Deception Bay Amateur Athletics Club.
The amateur shed includes a complete range of equipment for track, jumps and throws, weight benches with weights and video equipment for technique evaluation by the coaches.
We're often asked what the benefits are of joining our Club.
- By joining the Deception Bay Amateur Athletics Club you will have access to a number of ATFCA and Athletics Australia accredited and fully insured Level I to Level IV Coaches across a range of disciplines including throws, jumps, sprints, hurdles and distance running.
- You will have access to an extensive range of equipment and a well maintained grass running track with lighting.
- We train all year! You will enjoy the social aspects of training with others on a regular basis while pushing each other to new levels of performance.
- During the summer season, club members may also compete on Friday evenings with the Deception Bay Little Athletics Centre who share the same facilities. This has been a long standing arrangement.
- With Club membership comes Queensland Athletics membership. Apart from the insurance coverage this provides, you will have access to all Interclub competitions run during summer (track and field) and winter (cross country and road) where you can compete for yourself and your Club.
- You will also be able to take part in State Championships where you can compete for selection in State and National teams, even the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics! Your Amateur Athletics Club is a part of the overall structure of Athletics in Australia.